By viewing this site you have agreed to our disclaimer. This site is provided for entertainment purposes only. Nothing I say is advice, do your own research and consult a financial advisor.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Additional Cash Injection

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I would be adding a small amount of additional capital to the portfolio. This was due to a decision I made to close down my CFD trading account and withdraw all my remaining funds. For those of you who have read my earlier posts you would know that I have traded a range of instruments over the years, however, I feel my skill set is best suited to the speculative, long term market where my research and analysis can be rewarded.

As a result of this additional capital the weighting of the portfolio (based on initial purchase price is now as follows):

OBJ Limited: 22.2%
MHM Metals: 11.16%
Kentor Gold: 10.55%
Cash: 55.37%

From next week I will also be changing the way I report my weekly results. Instead of using a fixed weighting based on my initial purchase price I will allow the weighting to fluctuate weekly, based on the value of each holding in the company. This will help remove any distortion that has occurred due to the large falls from my initial purchase price. E.g. MHM originally represented 11.16% of my portfolio, however given its comparatively poor performance and halving of the share price its value is now only circa 6% of the portfolio’s value. This does not affect who good/poor the investment is performing, nor does it distort any gain or loss I make. It merely reflects the changing value of each investment within the portfolio, much like the ASX 200 or All Ords operates.

No comments:

Post a Comment