By viewing this site you have agreed to our disclaimer. This site is provided for entertainment purposes only. Nothing I say is advice, do your own research and consult a financial advisor.

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Where Do I See Kentor Gold Going In 2012?

Kentor Gold is the stock that I believe offers the most potential (out of the three I hold) for 2012. I believe this is the case due to the strong news flow associated with the company’s projects and their move into “producer” status with their Burnakura project in the middle of the year.

In terms of specific things that I think will take place in the year I will be looking out for:

1.    Approval of the Andash project in the Kyrgyz Republic. Prior to the troubles surrounding the approval process at Andash KGL traded up in the high teens. On top of that they have also acquired the Australian Assets since then. So naturally, any approvals that allow Andash to move toward production could have a significant effect on the company’s share price.

2.    Updated Resource Statement and Pre-Feasibility at Jervois. Simon Milroy, the Managing Director and CEO of Kentor Gold, has mentioned in past announcements that Jervois has the potential to be larger than Andash. Early in the New Year we are expecting an updated resource statement which I believe has the potential to really excite the market. Later in the year we can also expect to see the Pre-Feasibility study.

3.    Potential acquisition of Atkash? When Andash was delayed Kentor Gold relinquished their option over the Atkash project, a small satellite project that is too small to be independently mined. If Andash is approved I would expect Kentor Gold to re-examine this project due to its higher grade and ability to improve the mine life/NPV of Andash.

4.    Burnakura moving into production. The feasibility for the Burnakura project is already overdue as the company has now decided to analyse an underground operation as well as the open cut mine first mentioned. This could have the potential to increase the grade of material mined and have a positive impact on this projects value in my opinion. Even though the feasibility study is delayed works at the mine are ongoing and production is scheduled to start in mid-2012 (i.e. no delay to production).

5.    The Geo-Thermal project. I have mentioned this numerous times on HotCopper and in my blog and it always fails to generate discussion. I realise it is a fairly “boring” project when we have so much else going on but I think this has the potential to surprise us all and deliver a nice little profit on the side.

6.    Further exploration at the Bashkol exploration project in the Kyrgyz Republic. Initial exploration work in the Bashkol licence area has indicated that there is significant potential there so I will be keeping a close eye out on any exploration data released throughout 2012.

On top of all that we will have ongoing drilling taking place at Burnakura, the proposed share consolidation on 10 Feb 2012 and hopefully an increase in the price of Gold. All of these items have the potential to substantially increase the value of Kentor Gold in my opinion and I will certainly be monitoring them all closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment